The Edison area was first settled by Europeans in the 1600s, though people have lived on the land since the Stone Age! Many of the first settling families' names live on in the form of street names and section names: Dunham, Martin, Bonham, Hull, and FitzRandolphs.
Edison grew from a village of 10-12 dwellings, two taverns, a store, and a schoolhouse, into the prosperous township it is today.
Today, Edison is a township in Middlesex County, New Jersey, in the New York City metropolitan area. Situated in north-central New Jersey, Edison is 32 square miles and is comprised of over 100,000 residents!
The high achieving public schools, central location, vibrant business environment, and diverse community make Edison a great place to live, work, and raise a family.
Right in the middle of New Jersey, Edison is the perfect location!
Here are just a few places to visit in Edison:
1. Roosevelt Park - This park offers multiple sport areas, trails, an ice skating/roller skating rink, and even an outdoor theatre!
2. Menlo Park Mall - For those who want to indulge in a shopping spree, this mall is the place to come! This two level mall is filled with great stores and a huge food court to satisfy all your needs.
3. West Nine - If it's time to practice your swing, this is the perfect location in Edison. It is open to golfers of all ages and skill levels, so it's an ideal place to bring the whole family!
Check out these top places to eat in Edison:
1. LouCas - If you're in the mood for some scrumptious food, this is the location for you! LouCas has set the area standard for excellence in Italian cuisine, with a special emphasis on seafood.
visit here: www.loucasrestaurant.com
2. Harold's New York Deli - Harold's is know for its monster sandwiches & other big helpings of classic deli fare. The famous large portions are accompanied by the "world's largest pickle bar."
visit here: www.haroldsfamousdeli.com
3. Seasons 52 - This restaurant offers a rotating menu of seasonal American dishes prepared using rustic cooking techniques like brick oven roasting and wood fire grilling.
visit here: www.seasons52.com/home
Interested in another town? Contact me today for the details!
pictures from: https://www.seasons52.com/locations/nj/edison/edison-menlo-park/4527